Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

drwtsn32.exe error

• Please log in to reply

blackbat123

blackbat123

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
i am currently experiencing an error with drwtsn32.exe. it began yesterday and happens when i open certain folders or if i try to certain view video files (formats: .avi, .wmv, .mpg, etc..), my computer basically freezes. the only thing that still is functional is my browser, but i have to alt+tab to get back to it.

the first few times i was prompted with an error box and wish i had written down exactly what it stated, but now i do not receive any error at all. windows task manager will show the folder as Not Responding.

currently running Windows XP

edited to add: just received the error message again. it states:

Dr. Watson PostMortem Deugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for inconvenience.

clicking upon more info shows:

EventType:BEX P1:drwsn32.exe P2:5.1.2600.0 P3:3b7d84a2
P4:dbghelp.dll P5:5.1.2600.2180 P6:4110969a P7:0001295d
P8:i0000406 P9:00000000

Edited by blackbat123, 09 June 2008 - 07:21 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first try disabling dr watson...How to disable Dr. Watson for Windows instructions are here

blackbat123

blackbat123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
followed instructions and deleted the AeDebug key. now when i try to open a video file i receive the following prompt:

explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x0306415b" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you recently add any drivers or updates....any new hardware or programs..

try system restore..go back a couple of weeks before the problem started...
NOJOY...
lets make sure its not your memory going bad...get memtest +

here....
the lowdown is here..

if you have a floppy drive you can get the 6th one down ...set the bios to boot from the floppy drive A:

first...then the cd drive then the Hard drive C:
or you can get the 2nd one down and burn the ISO file to a cd and then boot it from the cd drive...

if you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files go

here and get burncdcc ..a small FAST no frills iso

burning program...

NOTE...do not put a blank cd in until burncdcc opens the tray for you
1. Start BurnCDCC
2. Browse to the ISO file you want to burn on cd/dvd ....in this case its memtest86.iso
3. Select the ISO file
4. click on Start

make sure in the bios the cd drive is the first boot device....put the cd in the cd drive..boot your computer....

let memtest run for at least 2 hours...if it starts showing any errors during that time then you will have

to replace the RAM...no errors after 2 hours just press Esc to end the tests and we will try some other

tests

Edited by happyrck, 13 June 2008 - 04:22 PM.

blackbat123

blackbat123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
hi happyrck,

i went to a previous system restore and that seemed to do the trick. i ran memtest86 as well, just to make sure, and that came out clean, no errors.

thank you for you help. =D

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome... :)

blackbat123

blackbat123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
update:

sorry to say, the problem is happening again. i had turned my computer off for the night, and had not tried opening any videos until now and it happened again. any idea as to what might have happened?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
run sfc /scannow...instructions are here...

Deco

Deco

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,

I was upgrading my Windows XP Service Pack from 2 to 3 on the windows update website and as soon as it got to the installing stage, i got this Drwtsn32.exe error message:

Instruction 0x5780e1c0 reference... memory at 0xddc20074... The memory could not be "read".
('Press OK to terminate/press Cancel to debug... i think')

When I clicked OK to then experienced:
Exception EAccess Violation in module hookoecreation.dll at 0000E1C0. Access violation at address 5780E1C0 in module 'hookoecreation.dll'. Read of address DDC20074

I had no choice but to restart the machine, in which Windows restored me back to my original place through 'Software update removal wizard'.

Please kindly assist.

Thank you

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
to Deco
remove SPAM BULLY and try again...in the future please start your own topic..

Deco

Deco

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you, thats great help! Sorry will do in future.

Regards