Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thunderbird & OE

• Please log in to reply

Milopar

Milopar

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I am really interested in getting away from OE as my email client and am leaning towards Thunderbird. However, it seems Thunderbird can only import the folders/email from the primary identity. I have set up the three profiles in Thunderbird to match the identities I have in OE but the import feature will not allow me to specify where to get the email from. Can it be done?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
not much info out there. if you switch identities in oe you should be able to import the mail properly. however this may not work at all. you may just have to merger your stuff together and then import.

Milopar

Milopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Thank you for the suggestion. However, it did not work as I tried leaving OE open in one identity other than the main and then importing. But it still only imported from the main identity.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
take a look at this: http://kb.mozillazin...Outlook_Express

Milopar

Milopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I guess you guys are called Geeks for a reason. Thanks, it worked perfectly.

:tazz: