Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't believe how messed up my computer is! [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Your problems aren't malware related

Kaspersky is finding the stuff we quarantined, nothing to worry about

Advertisements

ajdedo

ajdedo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Okay, last 2 questions......

1) What about these? Are they quarantined files too? ->

detected: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.VB.dkn File: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard\WIS78D62D17D97042DAB8CF5E5576293B33_7_0_0_33.MSI//Icon78D62D171.exe
detected: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.VB.dkn File: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\4e36f33.msi//Icon78D62D171.exe

And more importantly,

2) Every time I do click my mouse, a warning regarding "Riskware Invader" pops up. It seems to effect ever process I start. It also requires my input. Do I "Allow it", "Deny it", "Add it to Trusted Zone" or "terminate it"?

detected: riskware Invader Running process: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
detected: riskware Invader Running process: C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe
detected: riskware Invader Running process: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
detected: riskware Invader Running process: C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe
detected: riskware Invader Running process: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe
detected: riskware Invader Running process: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
detected: riskware Invader Running process: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Go and delete those two files if you want

They both seem to be false positives though

You can allow those, they are all legit

ajdedo

ajdedo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,

Thanks for your help...... I *think* my computer is free of viruses because Kaspersky seems to be running fine. However, my biggest problem is that during this process, something has happened to my Internet connection. I'm not sure if this is still part of you expertise, but my Internet connection only last a couple minutes before it dies. I need to restart my computer to regain Internet connection. And then it only lasts a couple minutes. Do you have any idea what's causing this??

PS I know it's not my router or isp because I have an old laptop that is always connected even when my computer looses it's connection.

If I could get this sorted, I'd be back in business!!

Thanks..... :-)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
It could be your security programs, its hard to tell

Not really my area of expertise, you would be better off going over to the Windows XP forum and having them help you. Tell them I sent you over

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.