Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help msn virus [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tulle

tulle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I clicked a link while on msn. And now I have a virus. Please help
It was saying : hah sexy<'3 and then a link i got it from a friend

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi there tullie welcome to geekstogo!

Sorry for the delay.

Please follow my instructions in the order they were given, if you come across something you don't understand or don't feel comfortable doing, don't hesitate to ask and I will get you sorted out :)
If you cannot complete a step in my instructions, please skip it and continue with the rest of my instructions and tell me in your next reply which one you were having trouble with.

Step 1. Running MSNCleaner

Please download MsnCleaner.zip and Save it to your Desktop.
  • Unzip it to the Desktop.
  • Now reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit Enter.
  • Double-click MsnCleaner.exe to run it.
  • Click the Analyze button.
  • A report will be created once after you finish scan.
  • If it finds an infection, click the Deleted button.
  • Now, please reboot back to normal mode.
  • Please post the contents of C:\MsnCleaner.txt in a reply to this post along with a new HJT log.

Step 2. Deckards' System Scanner

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
Note:These logs may be too large to post in one reply, if so, please post extra.txt in a seperate reply.

In your next reply

Please post the log from MSNCleaner.
Please post the log from Deckards System Scanner

If the logs are to big to fit in one reply please spread them out over multiple replies.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.