Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP ME! BSoD w/ wrror #c000021a combo!

• Please log in to reply

codemonkey839

codemonkey839

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys im new to this site and i have to say its been very helpful.

I started browsing facebook, imeem, doin hw you know normal stuff. Then when i was done i logged off. I forgot to do something, so i tried to log back on. No luck. Then in a panick, i force restarted my computer. NOw before my comp can get to the welcoming screen, all i get is the BSoD which says...

Error #c000021a{Fatal System Error}

The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0000022 (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down.

I HAVE REALLY IMPORTANT INFO on this computer theat i need to keep. So im begging everybody plz help me out!

*sorry for the bad spelling*

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
c000021a Error
Description

When you attempt to boot your target system, a blue screen is displayed with the message "c000021a".

The most common cause of this error is a missing device driver dependency. This can occur even if the device driver is not critical for the system to boot. For example, Redbook.sys is not required to boot the system. But if one of its dependencies, Ks.sys, is not included in the run-time image, the system displays the error code 0xc000021a.
Resolution

1. Identify missing dependencies. For information, see Checking Dependencies in Windows XP Embedded Studio Help.
2. If you determine that a dependency is not missing, then the error probably occurred because a file that the driver depends on is missing. Use the Microsoft® Visual Studio® Depends utility, which runs using the Depends.exe file, to view the statically loaded libraries. The libraries are located in the import section of the binary file. Search for required files that are missing from your run-time image.

Have you tried hitting the F8 key while your computer is booting up and then going to the LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION?

If that does not work you will probably need to do a repair install with a Microsoft CD.

The last choice is to pull the hard drive out and stick it in another computer to get any Data you want to save off the drive. You will need to take ownership of the folders and files on the drive, which is a PITA, to access the files.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

SRX660

codemonkey839

codemonkey839

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think thats a good idea to pull out the hard drive and copy its files to and get any data i need. Ive tried everything else and it hasnt worked. Thanks for replying!