Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeForce 9600GT Installation

• Please log in to reply

Slikkie

Slikkie

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi guys,

I finally received my long-awaited GeForce 9600GT today. I noticed though that it came with a 6-pin external power cable with 2x Molex connectors on the other end of it. There are 2 extra molex connectors running from my PSU. I'm assuming that is where I should plug the cable from the graphics card into? If so, should I plug both the Molex connectors from the graphics card into both the free molex connectors from the Power Supply? :)

Thanks

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Yes, you should, to make sure the video card gets the voltages it needs.

SRX660

Slikkie

Slikkie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Right, thanks very much then. It's been running on only one connector for 2 days now. Everything seems to be working fine. What is the purpose of both the connectors sticking out?