Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

won't turn on!

• Please log in to reply

09mlb86

09mlb86

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
ok...so I built a computer about 4 months ago....then all of a sudden every thing would turn on (including all 8 120mm case fans, a 90mm PCI blower, video fan, and CPU fan), but two diffrent monitors said "no signal" naturaly i thought it was a video card...bought a new Nvidia 9600GT.....still no signal...ASUS tech suport said it may be the south bridge..RMAed it...waited a month nerver heard any thing...bouth an XFX N-force 780i SLI, core 2 duo E8400 and an Artic cooling CPU cooler. installed....now when i turn it on the lights in my case fans flash but they don't turn on...the PSU leds won't light up and its fan won't run....I have un plugged all ROM drives and hard drives, only have one stick of ram in, tried all slots.....the power LED on the mother board turns on, but when the power button is hit another orange light come on to the left of it. if u unplug the 24pin from the mother board...the light dosn't light up (of course) but the AUX 8 pin power for the LGA 775 socket, unplugged does the same as when its pluged in. I have ordered a new powersupply (PC Power and Cooling 750W Quad Silencer (black) to replace my Mushkin 550W it is set to arrive to marrow...im getting deployed in 5 days and would like to have my GF a working computer....plz help?

thoughts ?

sugestions?

Edited by 09mlb86, 11 June 2008 - 10:36 AM.

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hi, have you tried testing the PSU on its own?

Soorena

09mlb86

09mlb86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
well my new PSU works, my video is now messed up.

it wount scale to my HDTV (720p) it puts games down and to the left of the screen.

Nvidia's control pannel works for the desktop, but not for games

fdriller9

fdriller9

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hi had a similar problem but it occured after i moved my computer and transported it in my car....try reseating the cpu and heatsink/fan and putting new thermal paste on make sure you dont put too much or too little...let me know it that helps