Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can someone please help me. My computer is stuck in Dos mode and I have tried everything to get to windows and nothing seems to help me.
I tried scan\reg and anything else i can think of including using the CD and it still isn't working. Any suggestions.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Tried typing just "win" (no quotes) and pressing Enter?

Old Geezer

Old Geezer

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Restart your pc then press and hold down the CTRL key while its starting - until the Windows 98 Startup menu appears, then choose Normal Mode from the menu by using the up and down arrows on your keyboard or press the corresponding numbers from your numeric keys

Did you try to restore older copy of registry this way?

Start>shutdown. Restart Ms-dos.
Type scanreg/restore at the prompt> hit enter> Select an older copy of the registry and reboot.

Edited by Old Geezer, 18 June 2008 - 06:43 PM.