Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Big Problems Help needed urgently!

• Please log in to reply

Neo_RiP

Neo_RiP

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
hi well heres my problem, my partner was on the computer last night and she turned off the computer but she said that something was loading to wait till it finished but she was inpatient and just turned it off. I turn it on the next day but nothing happens, the computer is on but nothing comes on the monitor. So i think it was that she turned it off while the updates was happening and it has corrupted the graphic drivers, i have tried installing a different video card but still nothing.
So i am not sure weather it is a video card problem or a windows problem.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The first thing to try is to keep hitting the F8 key until you can get a console window where you use the arrow keys to go to the LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION, and click it. This should take you back to before the last update was started.

If you cannot get to the above window you will need to do a repair install with a XP CD.

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

SRX660