Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook Access 03 - 403 Forbidden error with Windows

• Please log in to reply

Luxie

Luxie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hoping for help, anything appreciated.

My college runs their email via Microsoft Outlook Web Access, provided by exchange server 2003. I have two computers in the house that run Windows Vista, and one Macintosh. I can log into the email from the Mac but not from the two Windows computers.

When I try to (trying both Premium and Basic log in), the first response is:
The website declined to show this webpage
HTTP 403
Most likely causes:
This website requires you to log in.

A refresh, or subsequent clickings on the same email link without starting a new browser window, result in:
The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 400
Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

The reason I'm posting this under Vista is because I did hear about compatibility issues where Vista was not letting OWA 03 users "write" emails. It would freeze up/ crash if they tried to do anything but read emails. I think there's a patch for this. However, from what I've read, not being able to log in as I am is a separate issue altogether.

Does anyone know if this is a compatibility issue? Maybe a firewall, although I've checked? I have contacted my school's IT dept, but getting a response back that will actually help me isn't a horse I would bet on.

Thank you!

Advertisements