Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Win Anti Virus Pro Again. Please Help [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Eric Park

Eric Park

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a program, Win Anti Virus Pro and I am clueless on where to start. I have Ad Aware installed but it won't let me download any new updates. I think the Win Antivirus Pro jammed something to stop it. All my updates have stopped working including Windows Update.

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Welcome to geekstogo Eric Park!

Please take note of the following points.
  • Please keep in mind that there may be a time difference between us, If you are not in the GMT +1 time zone, than you can expect a slight delay.

• Please do not run any tools other than what I request of you to run. Some of the tools we will use are very powerful, and using them without the required knowledge could cause more damage and prove to be more troublesome than the problem you are currently facing.

• If at any time you have a doubt about what you are to do, please stop there and ask. No question is considered dumb here at GeeksToGo!.

Step 1. Setting up Hijack This

* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Step 2. Combofix

Please go here to install the recovery console and for a guide on using combofix.
Please note: Installing the Recovery Console plays a vital part in making this process of cleaning your computer safe, please don't overlook this!

Now please download combofix from [url="http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe""]here[/url] or here. It is important that you save this file to your desktop.

Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a Hijack This log in your next reply.

A quick heads up, if you click on combofix's window when it's running, you may cause it to stall.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.