Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp updates installation problem

• Please log in to reply

coyog

coyog

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had recently installed some Auto upgrades for Windows xp on my computer. The computer thereafter was unable to log on and displayed the following Log on Message:-

The system can not log you on due to the following error:- 'The program issued a command but the command length is incorrect'

Also the computer displays the message ' Natviscn not found. Skipping Auto check.' Open Heal anti virus is unable to carry out E mail check and asks to check and stop applications using services from Port 5432 to 5542. I am also unable to use restore on the computer. I read a post on your site which showed a similar problem and I used the following commands at the Recovery Console Command:-
cd \windows\system32\config
ren software software.bad
copy \windows\repair\software
exit
Now the computer has started functioning but I am unable to see my documents and printer is not functioning. Also computer is not restoring. I am attaching Highjack This File.

I would request some one to advise resolving the problem.

Attached Files

Edited by coyog, 13 June 2008 - 04:56 AM.

Advertisements