Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell laptop remote control

• Please log in to reply

Charley77

Charley77

• Pip
  • 1 posts
New poster. I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 wide-screen laptop and a Dell Projector that I use for powerpoint presentations. I received a remote control with the projector and I also purchased a replacement remote control as a backup. I am a stockbroker and do seminars in restaurants so I need as much control as possible. As I was reviewing my presentation today, I find that neither remote works properly. I replaced the batteries in both but am now stymied. All I really want is the ability to advance or reverse the screens in my presentation. I have explored all the menu options for the projector and can find nothing that will help.

Can someone point me to a source where I can do some troubleshooting on this problem? I appreciate any help I receive.

Thanks!

Charley77

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi Charley, welcome to Geeks to Go! <_<

Since both remotes have problems, and you've replaced the batteries, the problem must be with the projector itself. First make sure the infrared receiver is clean, and that nothing is blocking it. If that doesn't work, it's probably a hardware problems that you'll need to have repaired.