Please print these instructions before continuing
Your infection requires various programs in order to fix. Please download the programs listed below, but do not run them yet
*Download it and extract it to C:/aboutbuster.
*Navigate to the AboutBuster directory and double-click on AboutBuster.exe.
*Click "OK" at the prompt with instructions.
*Click "Update" and then "Check For Update" to begin the update process.
*If any updates exist please download them by clicking "Download Update".
*You should not run the program yet so click "Exit".
- Download it and install it.
- Download it and save it to your desktop.
- Download, install, and update After installing Ad-aware, you will be prompted to update the program and run a full scan. De-select all boxes so that it does not run a scan. Manually run "Ad-Aware SE Personal" and from the main screen Click on "Check for Updates Now".Reboot your computer into Safe Mode
. You can do this by restarting your computer and continuously tapping F8 until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode, then hit enter.Run CWShredder
-Next, click on the: ‘Fix’ button
-Follow the prompts, and press OKRun AboutBuster and save the logs
*Browse to where you saved AboutBuster and run AboutBuster.exe.
*Click "OK" at the directions Read: Important!
*Click "Start" and then "OK" to allow AboutBuster to scan for Alternate Data Streams.
*Click "Yes" at the About:Buster prompt to allow it to shutdown explorer.exe.
*Please wait while AboutBuster scans your computer for malicious files. If it asks if you would like to do a second pass, allow it to do so.
*When it has finished, click "Save Log...". Make sure you save it as I will need a copy of it.
Click "Exit" and "Exit" again to exit AboutBuster.Run CleanUp!
-Make sure it is on Standard Mode
-Click the "CleanUp!" buttonRun Ad-Aware
Reconfigure Ad-Aware for Full Scan as per the following instructions:
In the Ad-Aware main window, click on the gear icon at the top of the screen to open the preferences window. In the "General" window, make sure the following options are selected:
1) Automatically save log-file
2) Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal
3) Safe Mode (always request confirmation)
Click the "Scanning" button on the left-hand side and make sure the following options are selected:
1) Scan within archives
2) Scan active processes
3) Scan registry
4) Deep scan registry
4) Scan my IE Favorites for banned URLs
5) Scan my Hosts file
Please also click on "Select drives & folders to scan" and select your hard drive(s). Then click the "Advanced" button on the left-hand side and make sure all the options under "Log-file Detail Level" are selected. Next, click the "Tweak" button on the left-hand side. Click on "Scanning Engine" and make sure the following options are selected:
1) Unload recognized processes & modules during scanning
2) Obtain command line of scanned processes
3) Scan registry for all users instead of current user only
Click on "Cleaning Engine" and make sure the following options are selected:
1) Always try to unload modules before deletion
2) During removal, unload Explorer and IE if necessary
3) Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot
4) Delete quarantined objects after restoring
Finally, click on "Safety Settings" and make sure the following options are selected:
1) Automatically select problematic objects in results lists
2) Write-protect system files after repair (Hosts file, etc)
Click on "Proceed" to save the preferences. Then please click the "Start" button on the bottom left side to begin a scan. Select "Use custom scanning options" and then click "Next". Ad-Aware will then scan for malware. When it is finished, make sure any objects listed in RED
are selected and click "Next" to remove the objects.Reboot in normal mode.
Post a new HijackThis log.