Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winword exe internet connection

• Please log in to reply

Camellia

Camellia

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Is this normal?

When I direct link to a website, copy and paste into word winword exe tries to contact to Firefox through ole automation. The internet no longer allows connection unless I give permission via Comodo. I realise I can do print screen, however often there is more information required and usually I don't want the colour.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This can be normal depending on what you've just told Word to do. Clip art, for example, usually fires up an Internet connection which needs to be able to feed back to Word depending on the image you've asked to download from the clip-art library.

Camellia

Camellia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank you for your reassurance and time. Often I am copying printed matter. Is it the website itself requesting knowledge of the computer direct linking?

How else can I copy, maybe an A4 size amount of information?

Thank you

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The website will know somebody's surfed onto it but they won't know its you specifically.
An alternate option to getting data off a web page is to use the cut and paste functions in Windows as opposed to linking, or saving pages/images locally then inserting them offline.

Camellia

Camellia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank you Neil for your reply.

However, Firefox still doesn't allow me to continue with the site or open another one, unless I clear private data. Then I have to reload Firefox. Safari on the other hand doesn't lock up at all.