Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help in windows setup after reformat.

• Please log in to reply

Raymundo

Raymundo

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hello,
I have recently just reformated my computer in windows xp I need some help in how to get back my internet conection I installed my modem driver and I dont know what to do next to browse the internet and activate my anti-virus.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you

Advertisements

xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
check to see if you have your ethernet driver installed. Go to run and type devmgmt.msc check for any yellow ?

Raymundo

Raymundo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
OH i got it to work thanks for the support!

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I am assuming you are using a 56K dial-up modem and NOT using high speed access. Once you have installed the software for the modem you will need to open up your "Network and Internet Connections" then go to your Internet options and setup for your modem there in the connections tab.

If you cannot figure this out, call your ISP ( internet Service Provider), and have them walk you thru setting this up.

SRX660