Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

Wanna Trip?

Wanna Trip?

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, so I'm making a Runescape-based game called WinterHaven. It's java-built, just like Runescape, and wanted to get an estimate.
Approximately how long would it take for a young adult to make a game like this?

It's summer, first off, so I have plenty of time right now. And the schoolyear isn't a problem; my hours are flexible.
It would only be me doing this (none of my friends like programming) project. If any of y'all want to help, feel free to PM me with ideas.

Anything would help, so please reply.

Thanks in advance, :)

Wanna Trip?

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I wouldn't mind helping with web-programming, although i can't program in the sense of C++, java sort of thing. If you want to contact me check here for my e-mail.

I think a game like runescape will take a long long time. They have a lot of programmers working for them in places like America, if you are good enough to build that then well done, but to get it as good as that will be extremley hard in my eyes...