Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What kind of cable do I Need?

• Please log in to reply

DjD

DjD

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi I have a home studio and everytime i want to switch from the speakers to the studio headphones, i have to go to the back of my pc and switch the cable ports. Is there some kind of cable that will make it so i dont have to go back and switch it, so i can just have it connect to the audio port about 2 feet long so i can just plug it in and out. Hope that made sense but its a hard thing to desribe

Advertisements

krs1

krs1

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
Hi DjD,

maybe this is what you need

this one is better in terms of quality.

BTW: you may want to check at the back of your speakers if it has a
headphone output before buying any adapters/splitters.

krs1

Edited by krs1, 14 June 2008 - 03:27 PM.

DjD

DjD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
All i know is i can plug my headphones into the thing in bac and its not studio headphones, its small headphones with small jack..so i just need to extend it longer so its more easir to get

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
The audio output jack on a motherboard or sound card is typically a 1/8" stereo jack. So, what you'd be looking for is a 1/8" stereo plug to 1/8" stereo jack cable. Something like this.

DjD

DjD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This is my motherboard, hope it works, but yea that looks like exactly what i had in my mind...thank you