Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

adobe acrobat

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I want to be able to open more than 10 .... can anyone tell me how to get this done?

dog

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
acrobat has always been a resource hog. I don't know anyone who needs to open more than ten. I don't know if it's a program limitation or if you need more memory. Does it not let you open more than 10 or do you get an error?

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
It doesn't crash or lock up or give me an error it just will not let me open more than 10.

I work as researcher for a computer wargame company and have a great number of my research books in .pdf format and would like to be open as many as I want.
i.e. I'm working on the Desert War in Africa in WWII and I want to open ALL the books I have on that period, not just the first 10 and then rely on my feeble mind to
NOT open the same books a number of times in a row ...

dog

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Sounds like a very interesting job. I can certainly see why you need that functionality. I'll have to go to adobe tomorrow and see if there is a way around this limitation.

In the meantime I have a suggestion. Have you tried foxit reader? It is a free pdf reader and may be able to do what you need.

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I had foxitreader on my old machine, I will try it again .... but I think I stopped using it because I couldn't take page snapshots (remember I have a crappy memory). Thanks for reminding me though.

dog

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
If I remember right, acrobat reader doesn't support more than 10 files at a time. I don't know if the full version of acrobat does or not. However, to get the proper answer you will need to contact adobe support directly.