Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista won't recognise my graphics card

• Please log in to reply

hesttg

hesttg

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recently upgraded to vista (32bit) and after a few initial problems everything seemed to be working fine. Until i tried to boot up Vice city (so glitchy it's unplayable) or NWN2(says my hardware doesn't support Direct3D), so i tried to update the drivers on my Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 but the setup says i don't have any compatible hardware. So then i checked device manager and it only shows the Intel chipset under display adapters. How can i get my laptop's real graphics card working again?

P.s. I'm running a vaio sz2

Please help, i've looked all over for a solution

Advertisements

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Try setting your view settings to "windows classic" and try running the driver installer again. Vista's not going to recognize your card until you install the drivers for it. You can also try these drivers here.

hesttg

hesttg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've put it into classic settings and tried it with the dell drivers but it still says it couldn't find any drivers that are compatible with my hardware when i run the drivers setup

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Have you tried getting the drivers from sony's website? You can find them here.

hesttg

hesttg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah i tried the ones from sony's website, Nvidia and LaptopVideo2Go with the replacement inf file but they all came up with the same thing "couldn't find any drivers that are compatible with my hardware" when i run the drivers setup