Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard drive detective

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Don't know if anyone here has used hard drive detective, but I like the program. The only problem is that it worked the first time an my PC great. After that it won't open up. When I try to open it I get a brief hour glass and that is it. I talked to support and they said to remove , reboot and install again. I have done this a half dozen times. I still can't get it to open. I have never seen anything like this unless the program was corrupt. I have taken the same download and install it on my other PC and it works all the time. I can't put my finger on this problem and it bugs me. I have even remove all entries in the registry after removing the program. Has anyone a idea to which way I can look. Thanks

Advertisements

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Here is my system specs

Asus M2N SLI Deluxe Mainboard
3 gig Kingston DDR2 5300
Geforce 8600 GT
2 Sony DVD burners
Coolermaster case
550watt thermaltake PS
Audigy 2 Sound card
2 Sata Westerndigital 250gig HD
XP Prof.
AMD 6000 X 2 CPU

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
could you provide a link for the vendor? I can't seem to find their home page.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Thanks, Here is a link.
http://www.altrixsoft.com/en/hddinsp/