Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blank Screen on System Restore? & More...

• Please log in to reply

JoxonDandry

JoxonDandry

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hello Geek Friends :)

Well first of all, this started yesterday (13) june 08, but to be honest i dont know how. Anyway back to the point.

When i click my McAfee the security centre comes up as A blank screen so after i had this blank screen on my mcafee i then decided to uninstall it, then reinstall. Well, i have managed to uninstall McAfee with a TOOL but now when i try and Install McAfee its the same 'blank screen' so then i decided to system restore, and guess what, my system restore is a COMPLETELY blank screen so i cant even system restore im speechless and i really dont know what to do, my only chance now is Geekstogo

Help much appreciated.

The Blank System Restore hears the link so you can see, by the way i forgot to upload my mcafee blank screen . but hears the system restore image print screen'ed

http://www.imagecabi...06ac9257118cfc7

I have tried Downloading: Microsoft Windows Script 5.7, But it gives me the error: Setup Has detected that the service pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying, There is no need to install this Update.

Edited by JoxonDandry, 13 June 2008 - 10:54 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A lot of things are dependent on a working Internet Explorer - McAfee uses Internet Explorer as its background, most of the Windows components do as well. If you have IE7 uninstall it and reinstall it. If you have IE6, try upgrading to IE7.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello JoxonDandry...

It may be just a matter of re-registering a few dll files.

Click Start, then Run, type cmd and click "Ok".

In the command session window, type each of the following commands...pressing "Enter" after each command. If you are using Internet Explorer 6, do all three commands...if you use Internet Explorer 7, only do the first two.

regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll
(For Internet Explorer 6 only)

Once you have input the commands, type exit and press "Enter" to end the command session.

Try opening System Restore.

wannabe1

JoxonDandry

JoxonDandry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hey,

I Have IE7, i have tried regsvr32 jscript.dll, regsvr32 vbscript.dll and regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll but all of them Fail to register.

Edited by JoxonDandry, 14 June 2008 - 02:45 AM.

JoxonDandry

JoxonDandry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I think i fixed it, i tried reinstalling Windows Script in Safe Mode and it worked, and after i installed it in safe mode i then tried going in System Restore note (im still in safe mode at this point) and it still was blank so i restarted the pc and went in normal mode then System Restore worked. Not sure if McAfee will work i cant be bothered installing it. The version of windows script was 5.6 not 5.7. and when i typed in regsvr32 jscript.dll and regsvr32 vbscript.dll i typed that in after i installed Windows Script 5.6 (in safemode) and it all registered successfully. That is all. im sure i have lots of more errors to come its impossible to make a year without having a problem

Thanks for the helps guys!