Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware Blaster 4.1 [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tanda

tanda

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Everyone, I started Spyware Blaster, and was offered an update to Spyware Blaster 4.1. I downloaded and installed the update, but now every time I use it, AVG Free Resident Shield reports two instances of,

C/Program Files/Spyware Blaster/sbautoupdate.exe

Trojan Horse Dropper Agent IPC

Is this a real Trojan, or is AVG reporting it as a Trojan, when it isn't, has anyone else had this problem? I have uninstalled Spyware Blaster at the moment, partly, because I keep getting an AVG warning pop up, its nice to know AVG is working. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This is a false positive

The new version of AVG is having a lot of problems, I would not recommend it to anybody until it fixes these

Also seems to have a problem with Panda security programs

I wouldn't worry

Anything else ?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.