Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

warcraft 3 host help

• Please log in to reply

kingpaul

kingpaul

• Pip
  • 2 posts
well i have windows xp 5.1, and when i try to do the things in the faqs, i cannot do them.(i.e. at one point an faq tells me to write down my IP adress from a screen that SHOULD have my IP adress but does not)

P.S. post a reply with a question ( i know im not very specific in this post), and i will try to answer it

:)

Edited by kingpaul, 13 June 2008 - 05:14 PM.

Advertisements

kingpaul

kingpaul

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I also have another problem. Some days, every time i try to join a battle.net game,it works fine in the pre-game download screen, but i get disconnected as soon as it starts.(causing my friends to get mad at me for leaving the game they made.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
xp 5.1 is simply windows xp with a service pack installed. In fact I would recommend that you make sure you have service pack 2 installed. You can do this by right clicking on "my computer" and selecting properties.

If you have sp2 installed, then you need to go into your firewall and make sure both the game and battle.net are allowed. You can also try disabling the firewall to see if that helps.