Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing recovery console

• Please log in to reply

clueless2geek

clueless2geek

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:) When I tried to start in safe mode, I had a terrible time trying to get my desktop icons back on. I was trying to follow some expert directions, using ComboFix, and I had never used safe mode. Oops!Found out I'm missing the recovery console. Any way to download one if I don't have XP disc?

Attached Thumbnails

• birds_poop.jpg

Edited by clueless2geek, 13 June 2008 - 06:52 PM.

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Call Customer Support for your computer maker and explain the situatuion of no Disk.
And they can send you one for about $20.

Then you can boot from the cd or dvd to get to the recovery console.

Phenix

Phenix

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I don't think I am allowed to respond yet so you better wait for a helper. There is a way no worries

Edit: you should also include what Service pack you have

Edited by Phenix, 13 June 2008 - 07:59 PM.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

:) I was trying to follow some expert directions, using ComboFix, and I had never used safe mode.

Welcome to Geekstogo,

Since this is your first post here, I am guessing the expert directions are from another site. Do you have a link so I can take a look? or maybe you should ask the expert you are working with? It’s really best not to look for help from more then one helper at a time. :)

clueless2geek

clueless2geek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks, all. I was being helped at computerhope, and they have been great with my pc issues, but the answer to the console was to get XP disc. Didn't get one when I bought pc second-hand. Can't afford one right now. :)

Edited by clueless2geek, 17 June 2008 - 04:04 PM.