Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Did SpywareBlaster give me a trojan? [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tofu5

tofu5

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I upgraded my SpywareBlaster yesterday. As I was just shutting down my computer, I got a small box that said, very quickly, something about download trojan and spywareblaster. I restarted the computer and am currently scanning w/avg and superantispyware. AVg came up with 1 threat Trojan Horse Dropper.agent IPC, in Program Files, Spywareblaster. Do I need to send in a HijackThis Log?
I have been so careful as to not download anything and to not open any attachments. And to top it off, I finally got my husband to install antispyware in his computer yesterday, so that means he is also proably infected. We downloaded SpywareBlaster from MajorGeeks.com.

Nancy

Advertisements

tofu5

tofu5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
AVG just told me the threat was deleted. Should I now get rid of the SpywareBlaster I have on my computer?

tofu5

tofu5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Please disregard previous questions. I just read on Wilders Security Forums that this was a false positive and they are working on fixing this.

N

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.