Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 11

• Please log in to reply

akim

akim

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
i downloaded a video off a torrent site and when i try playing the file, it plays the audio but not the video. i tried to redownload the file thinking there was something wrong with the file but it happens to be with all the files. all the recent downloads i download, this happens. the audio works and the video doesn't show. if you can help me... thanks in advance.

akim

Advertisements

nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello akim,

It sounds like the system does not have the correct codec pack to play video. I would advise using K-lite it covers most formats. http://www.codecguide.com/

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
another is...
XP Codec Pack is one of the most complete codec packs which lets you play all major audio and video formats.

And... to enjoy your multimedia experience, instead of 3 or 4 different players you get one, simple integrated player that plays almost all audio and video files: Media Player Classic...get it here