Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless network adapter not working

• Please log in to reply

sieur_drewry

sieur_drewry

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I recently reformatted my Gateway laptop 4025GZ with windows XP and now the wireless network adapter is not working. I tried going to the gateway website and downloading the driver for the card and that didn't work. It says in the device manager error code 10. Also there are 3 other devices listed in the Other Devices category, these are multimedia audio controller, video controller, and video controller (VGA compatible).

I'm not really sure what else I can do, the wireless worked fine before I reformatted, and I don't have any of the original cds that came with the laptop as I cannot find them.

Advertisements

sieur_drewry

sieur_drewry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
if it helps I found this thread from another website which has a very similar problem.
http://alt.nntp2http...4f1f09bfad.html

i tried installing the downloads from the links in that thread and it still does not work.

Edited by sieur_drewry, 15 June 2008 - 02:40 AM.

sieur_drewry

sieur_drewry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
well persistence paid off, I got it working. I guess you can remove this thread.

If anyone has this problem and were curious how to fix it, what I did was I had to uninstall the driver that was listed on the gateway website (their downloads are highly unreliable) and install the driver from the download section on softpedia.com. And install it through device manager.