Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

locked out

• Please log in to reply

cementhead

cementhead

• Pip
  • 1 posts
About 32 days ago i repaired my xp with the CD ROM. of coarse it asked for the product key. when i entered it, it said that i used up all my times to use that disc and it was no good. so i selected to activate it in 30 days. i rebooted and was asked if i wanted to activate windows now. having a new key ready i said yes. then i was told that it was already activated :)

so now it tells me every day 30,29,28,27....etc...i have this many # of days left to activate it. Everytime i answered yes, and was told it was already activated!!!!

now i'm staring at a screen that says i must activate today, would i like to......sure. opps, my bad....it's already activated!!!!

then it logs me off, and that as far as i get.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Called Microsoft, they were less help than myself LOL

i was offered a key from microsoft, but I CAN"T GET THAT FAR!!!

the screen thast comes up is a error box with a red "X" in it. telling me i have to activate today. when i click yes the next screen tells me it's already activated. i "click ok to exit" this is where i think i'm going to my desktop, but NOOOOOO, it brings me back to my sign in icon.

"everybody get stoned, drink wet cement" (dry will kill ya)

Edited by cementhead, 15 June 2008 - 08:00 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

Welcome to Geeks to Go!

Actually I've had this problem before, and after ringing Microsoft and explaining that there is only one current installation on one computer, they were happy to give me a random code that fixed it right up for me.

As long as you have a legit CD, Product Key, and you're the only one using it, I say give them another call. I've always found them to be rather helpful.

Cheers

Troy

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Call MS againg as stated. Do not give up with 1 call. Getting another person is sometimes all that is needed.