Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no dvi output after transporting pc

• Please log in to reply

fdriller9

fdriller9

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hi all,

i recently brought my computer into apple to sync the contacts off my old iphone so that i could transfer then to my new one (spilt beer on the old one hahh) anyway when i got to apple my computer would not work with any of their displays. we tried both dvi and vga monitors but nothing worked. i figured many it was a driver issue and that nothing was wrong. i got home and plugged my pc back in and i had the same problem. all the lights turn on, the hd's spin, and so do the fans. i tried reseating all of the components but nothing. tried using only one stick of ram...nothing. unplugged all the components that were not nessacary to run the pc but nothing. took out the mobo and checked it out and made sure nothing was shorting and it was fine. i have no onboard video so i cant even try that. what puzzles me is that the pc was working perfectly before i ewent to apple. i thought maybe something moved when i drove to apple so thats why i reseated everything but that didnt work. i even tried using a differnt video card but still the same problem. i dont even think that post is running and there are no system beeps what so ever.

please help......thanks

btw my specs are in my profile thing

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

Welcome to Geeks to Go!

What is an Aspire PSU? How many watts is it? My initial thoughts are that the PSU is had it, and just happened to go when you turned it off last before moving it to the shop and back.

Cheers

Troy

fdriller9

fdriller9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hey thanks for the reply. sorry the company is ATX and the model is aspire i think. anyway i got the pc working again i just had to reseat the heatsink and fan for the cpu and put a fresh application of thermal paste on it. i honestly just wasted 4 hours of my day turning my pc on and off and uninstalling and reinstalling various components but im just glad that i dont have to spend any money to fix my system

fdriller9

fdriller9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
ohhh btw i think the psu has 500w or it might be 450w not sure