Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible New System, Build List

• Please log in to reply

Matt Slick

Matt Slick

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've been researching building a new system. I do it every five years. I build it strong so I don't have to worry about it.

I use it for research, lots of research, no gaming, but often have several programs open at the same time: Outlook 2007, IE7 with 8 tabs (with a java chatroom, large discussion board), Two large Bible research Programs, Expression Web, Dragon Naturally Speaking Speach recognition program, Excel, Word, and a chess game (sometimes also run a video editing program.)

I have two 24 inch HDMI monitors and 1TB HD.

Here's a list of what I've come up with so far. I'm throwing this out to see if the list is good.
  • Case Antec Twelve Hundred Black ATX Full Tower Computer Case
  • Motherboard Intel DX48BT2
  • CPU Q9300 Quad Core
  • CPU Cooler Zalman cnps97ooled ultra quiet
  • Power Supply 850w Real Power Pro PSU
  • Video Card GeForce 9600 GT 512 (DVI but can use hdmi to dvi converters unless someone knows of a better card)
  • Ram 4GB DDR3 Pc3-8500 (Crucial)
  • Sound Card Creative Labs PCIE Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium FATAL1TY Professional Series

Any comments or recommendations would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

fdriller9

fdriller9

• Pip
  • 7 posts
all i can say is that im jealous...good luck with the build

Ningen

Ningen

• Pip
  • 8 posts
you'll be fine those will handle it without a problem