Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New PC building Help

• Please log in to reply

georgethomas

georgethomas

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

Sorry for asking such dumb questions, as I am new to all this. I would be glad if some one could help me out.

I have

ASUS Striker II Extreme LGA775 Motherboard, nForce 790i Ultra SLI, mobo.

Case - Thermaltake Armour + VH6000BWS series ( http://www.thermalta...a.com/Product.a ... =1408#Tab0)

And a Corsair HX 1000 watt sli ready PSU. - ATX 24 pin & 20 pin compatible & EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin
(http://www.corsairme...cts/hx1000.aspx)

evga 9800gx2 card

1) It says that the power is supplied to the Striker II Extreme through just two connections - the 24-pin ATX connection, and the 8-pin EATX power -

so I should be connecting the ATX 24 pin from the corsair psu to the 24 pin input of motherboard,

then as you can see in the picture there is the ATX 12V on the motherboard, it has 8 pins however 4 pins are covered with a black plastic
- what should I be doing? should I be detaching the 4 pins out of the 8 pins from the corsair psu and insert 4 pins into the motherboard or remove the plastic covering from the 8 pin ATX and connect the 8 Pin from PSU.

2) There are 8 fan connection points on the Mobo,
out of which one is the CPU fan, but with the rest I am confused.

a) There is a POWER FAN , what is a power fan?, and which is this fan in an unit ?
b) then there are Chassis Fan 1 , Chassis Fan 2 & Chassis Fan 3 - Could anyone please specify the location of these fans on the Thermaltake Armour case - is it in some order or something of that sort?
c) There are optional Fan 1, 2 & 3 - is there are special sequence or are there any specific hardware specific?

3) I have got 3 Thermal sensor cables with the mobo, where and how should they be placed?

4) This Mobo has Chassis Intrusion connector, how to go about with this?

Hope to hear from you guys, thankyou

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.jpg

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The CPU heatsink fan connector is just above the memory slots . It is a 4 pin connector.

Heres your fan connectors on your motherboard.

Posted Image

I would suggest you download the manual from the Asus website.

The 8 pin EATX connector is for your video card. Just flip the cover off the to use all 8 connectors. If you do not use a video card the connector is used for the CPU heatsink fan. If your computer does not boot make sure the EATX has either a fan or video card plugged into it. It states this in the manual.

SRX660

georgethomas

georgethomas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So, I need to take the plastic cover off the 8pin atx socket and inser the PSU 8pin into it.

Could someone help me with the fans

could somone help, which fans should be conected and where and which headers?