Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont boot with case usb ports plugged in to motherboard

• Please log in to reply

arpalermo

arpalermo

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
My thermaltake armor case has 2 usb ports on the top but if i plug them into the motherboard the computer will not boot at all - no lights, no beeps, fans dont spin, nothing at all. As soon as i unplug them it works fine. I installed all the motherboard drivers.

Also whenever i have my usb keyboard plugged in during boot up it gets to the windows loading screen then restarts and keeps doing this forever. It doesnt do this with my usb mouse, printer, or hard drive which are all always plugged in.

Advertisements

arpalermo

arpalermo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
here are my specs:

-Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
-core2duo e8400
-Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
-2x 1gb corsair xms2 ddr2 800 pc6400
-Zotiac 8800GT 512mb amp edition
-2x 250gb hard drives
-Corsair CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply
-Thermaltake Armor case
-XP Pro + Ubuntu

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This usually means the ports in question aren't wired up properly OR there is an issue with the ports in question.

Wiring is typically red, white, green, black with black next to the missing pin, then same again on the other half of the block.