Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IS this a graphics card issue?

• Please log in to reply

jacsta

jacsta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I've got an old Geforce 2 graphics card which has until now been more than adequate for my needs. However, over the last couple of weeks I have been having problems and I'm not sure if it is the card which is on its last legs or not.

My monitor is a flat screen, and is now displaying random black and coloured 'dots' in all the various graphics. On a few occasions, the PC has just ground to a halt and I can't even get it to shut down properly as I can't select anything. When I drag the cursor at this stage I start getting black areas on the screen. I thought it might be a virus at first but I have updated my virus profiles and a scan found nothing.

I have ordered a new graphics card as I guess I need one anyway sooner or later, but I am hoping this IS the problem? Can anyone confirm this please?

Many thanks

Jac :tazz:

Advertisements