Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SyncToy problem

• Please log in to reply

bruceb3

bruceb3

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
A while back I installed a neat program called SyncToy. I use my D partition as a storage area. I also have an external drive that I want to backup everything from D onto. Every week or so, I would run SyncToy and it would backup everything that had changed on D to my external drive. After updating Windows and a few other programs, SyncToy gives me an error message stating "SyncToy has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience." Everytime I try to run "Restore", and I tried to restore to a number of restore points, it says it was unable to restore to that point. I would rather not do a clean install. By the way, I tried to uninstall and reinstall SyncToy. No such luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
I'm looking into this, but have you tried the sync toy 2.0 beta version? http://www.microsoft...;DisplayLang=en

found this as well: sync toy forums