Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP not posting after restart and freezing/bsod

• Please log in to reply

Sheeep

Sheeep

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I just set my cpu to its normal speed, it was underclocked to 1500+ and now it is at its right speed of 2700+ (friend removed the jumper which was limiting it) now that this has happened, windows no longer reboots, if i try restarting from bios after saving changes or restarting from windows it will shutdown normally but my screen wont turn on after restart, it is fine however if i turn off the power and then turn it on again.

Another problem is that after going to 2700+ i keep getting a blue screen or in certain games just freezing which forces me to off power again. For example i can play GTA Vice City for maybe half an hour then it will suddenly go to a blue screen after a few beeps if i try to play warcraft 3 frozen throne, in campaign it will freeze after a few seconds, i didnt have these problems at 1500+ in regards to playing those games, the temperature also seems to be okay, im using a gigabyte motherboard and the CPU temperature is about 52 degrees C(123 F) while back at 1500 it was about 55 degrees C
Any help to remedy this situation would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Also my friend upped the refresh rate of my monitor from 60 hz to i think 75hz would this have any affect?
edit: reduced the refresh rate, still freezes and also seems to freeze if i play movies as well (winmedia player)
Thanks again

Advertisements