Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Vista and Ipaq 1945

• Please log in to reply

SandV4

SandV4

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello All,

I have an Ipaq 1945 with Windows Mobile 2003. I had a laptop running XP where it sync'd with no problems. I now have a new laptop with Vista 64 and it won't recognize the Ipaq. It keeps popping a balloon that says "USB Device not recognized". When I click on the balloon, it then says the device has malfunctioned, though it hasn't. I can't use activesync on Vista and Mobile center is not registering the Ipaq at all. According to Microsoft, the Ipaq should work with Vista because it has Mobile 2003. Can anyone help? I have done a hard reset on the Ipaq but still no dice. Thanks in advance

Just also wanted to add that my computer can recognize via bluetooth but can't sync via bluetooth? Drivers are up to date on Ipaq.

Edited by SandV4, 16 June 2008 - 11:06 PM.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi SandV4
From what I can find it does not support Vista64. Please check my link below.
Supported systems
Cheers
Peterm

SandV4

SandV4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Peterm,

Thank you for your help, but the link you sent was for Activesync. I know this program is not compatible with vista but I am supposed to be using Windows Mobile Device Center. Microsoft says that my Ipaq is supposed to be compatible with WMDC and this is where I am having my problems. Any ideas?

SandV4

SandV4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Also wanted to add that according to device manager , the driver's on the Ipaq are up to date. According to everything I think I need a driver for vista? Can anyone please help me?

Edited by SandV4, 17 June 2008 - 11:30 PM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Sandv4
Have you gone through this ?
Ipaq Vista sync
Cheers
Peterm