Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Kernel issue

• Please log in to reply

SsevenN

SsevenN

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi guys,
Let me begin by apologizing, I am not too computer savvy.

Anyway I have multiple errors and system instability issues at the Moment.

My Anti-Virus software is up to date and I have been running alot of extra scans from third partys (Housecall etc...)

There are three major error messages I receive.

One talks about active virus' on my computer....(with all the protection software I have, I just can't understand how its there...but Norton doesn't see it?)

Another is the message as following.

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown buggy application to prevent damage to your computer. Kernel 32X.sys - address 0XA73C2DAE base, error code C03200, datestamp 56683693 Kernel debugger on port; com3 (port 0X19F. Baud rate 9201)"

The last issue is the most severe, I get a message saying something like "A critical error has occured and windows is shutting down, this command was executed by YOURBD-9783 etc etc....."

At this point I have a One minute ticking clock to get my work saved up and prepare for the shutdown.

Anyway as I said I'm not too hip on computers, at least not like you guys.

But any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!!! :)

P.S.

I did some research through this site before posting. First thing I tried was a SFC/SCANNOW....I completed the scannow but the instability issues remain. ANyway I'm just trying to get all the info out there that I can.

thanks in advance!

Edited by SsevenN, 18 June 2008 - 08:53 AM.

Advertisements

SsevenN

SsevenN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Just wanted to let you guys know I have the problem under control.

I took some time going through your site and downloading some extra anti-malware software.

The end result is a working computer! Without any critical errors, so thanks for the site guys, it has been a great help.