Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot Boot, stuck in black screen

• Please log in to reply

Lawnspace

Lawnspace

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This problem has probably been addressed but I can't seem to find a solution relating to it anywhere. Well anyway I have a Sony Vaio VGC-RA830G, each time I try to start up the computer, I get the Vaio logo, then the Windows Logo then it pauses to a black screen, and it just stays there. I left it running all night and it still remains. I cannot get it into safe mode and I have tried using the Windows discs and where I get to the part where it shows the Terms of Services I hit F8 to accept then it gives me a Blue Screen of Death..I cant get any farther than that.

My assumption, which prob wont be the best is that its a virus..considering i didnt have any real anti virus at the time..never renewed it... Well.. if it is is there anything I can do?
Any helpful input with be greatly appreciated. thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
More likely a hard drive issue than anything else, viruses do not run from the XP CD.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You could burn a ultimate boot CD from another computer and use it to see if the hard drive has a mechanical problem.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

SRX660