Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Norton AV/IS 04 Uninstall/Reinstall Problems

• Please log in to reply

Nelle

Nelle

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I've recently ridded my computer of the Sumom.C worm thing that has been going round msn messenger for quite a while. It managed to completely trash my Norton Antivirus and Internet Security and now I need to uninstall then re-install it, but Internet security is not letting me log in so I can uninstall it. The log in button just looks grey with grey writing and is overall sort of inactive. Does anyone know how I could solve this or has anyone had the same problem? and also I'm not sure if I've fully deleted the whole virus as some pages containing online scans and such still get re-directed to the BBC website(its a British thing :tazz:(http://www.bbc.co.uk)). Can anyone help me get my computer back to normal?

Thanks

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Nelle

Nelle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for your help :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Member being helped here.