Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7 page reloads after typing 4+ letters

• Please log in to reply

figmentos

figmentos

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Occasionally for the last month or two, when ever i type 4 or 5+ characters into the address bar, search bar or within a page, the page will refresh, when i type again - it refreshes again, sometimes it randomnly stops doing it and other times i have to restart the computer. its really being a pain in the butt, i couldnt find out anything about it so i thought i'd ask here

Advertisements

figmentos

figmentos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Occasionally for the last month or two, when ever i type 4 or 5+ characters into the address bar, search bar or within a page, the page will refresh, when i type again - it refreshes again, sometimes it randomnly stops doing it and other times i have to restart the computer. its really being a pain in the butt, i couldnt find out anything about it so i thought i'd ask here

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Hi figmentos,

Can you tell me which version of XP you are running?
Home or Pro and which ServicePack?
Also give me the exact version of IE7
In IE click Help > About INternet Explorer and you will see the version number.
Use the System Info button and you will see the other information I asked for.

figmentos

figmentos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thanks for the reply. well i know its home, service pack 2, but i cant find out the other stuff now because my computer has gone kaput. Every time i turn it on it comes up with 'the system has recovered from a serious error' and then it restarts and then does the same thing - error - restart - error - restart etc. so now i cant even use it. Im going to take it in for repairs today, hopefully it can be fixed quickly.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
OK. That sounds like a hardware problem.

Let us know if the repair fixes all the issues.
You should also visit Windows Update when they are done, you're probably behind.
If there is anything additional you need help with give us a shout.

Keep us updated either way. :)