Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

malwarebytes and superantispyware cant access internet

• Please log in to reply

r516x

r516x

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Did searches and could not find anything.

This is my sisters comp and she's running Windows XP Media Center Edition. She ran into multiple viruses so now im trying to folow the steps in the cleaning guide before I post the HiJackthis log

BUT

When checking for updates on Malwarebytes, it gets stuck at looking for the site. I've tried switching to all three and still nothing. Same with SUPERantispyware, says error with superanitspyware.exe is not accesing the internet. I've added it to the fire exemptions and still nothing. I've also added malwarebytes.exe and ssupdate.exe.

Anyone can help.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
It is possible that the malware has blocked access to those sites. (I'm not sure as I'm not a malware fighter :))
I suggest you just make a HijackThis Log and post it in the malware forum.
The malware experts are really busy so you'll have to be patient. If you've waited for 3 days then you should post in the waiting room found here

The malware experts will have other tools to their disposal that they can use.
If the malware doctors gave you a clean health bill and you're still experiencing problems post back here and we'll help you the best we can :)

Regards,
Olrik