Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Remote Deskop Error

• Please log in to reply

nate23

nate23

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm having trouble loging into my account using remote desktop. When I try to log in it says "The system could not log you on. Make sure your username and domain are correct...". I have have double checked username/password and that's not the problem. But I can log into my computer using the Administrator account so it is some setting on my account.

I enabled remote desktop by my computer->properties->remote and added my account to the remote user list. My account is also a member of the group "Administrators" and "Remote Desktop Users".

Any ideas?
Thanks!

-Nate

Edited by nate23, 18 June 2008 - 07:50 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
check to make sure the firewall isn't preventing issues. Also have you tried restarting the remote pc?

nate23

nate23

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yep, I've restarted multiple times. I also uninstalled my antivirus and disabled windows firewall (leaving no other security applications on my computer) and it still wouldn't all my user to log in. I then created a new administrator account and that one works fine, so I think there is just something wrong with my account. I'll probably just transfer all my files to the new account.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
creating a new account was going to be my next suggestion. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.