Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help regarding issues in installing softwares! urgent!

• Please log in to reply

ah_hup

ah_hup

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
hi pls pardon me for my poor english. i will try my best to be as clear as possible.
ok right now i need to install a few ULEAD software trial version in a few PCs. these PC comes with an admin account and also those generic profile account. and i understand i can only install softwares using admin account, so after installing, i gave the full user right of the program to all users. by doing this step any user that logon to the PC shold be able to use the ULEAD program right? but i tried logging in as a non-admin account and run the program, it prompt me that i do not have enough rights or access to use it. why is this so? i can only use the program in admin account and i can't possibly let my customers use my admin account. how do i solve this head-cracking problem??? pls help!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Not all programs work under Limited user accounts.
You may be able to run it by right-clicking on the shortcut and choosing "Run As" your admin account but if this doesn't work then if the program doesn't work under a non-admin account there isn't really a lot you can do about it.