Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Maxtor 3200 external hard drive

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought a maxtor 3200 usb external hard drive and i'v had nothin but problems with it.

the long and short of it is i'd never buy one again. but now its not registering on my system at all and i cant find it, can anyone help?

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well is it in an enclose that can be opened? Is it under warranty? is there stuff you want recovered, if so how bad? I personally would never buy a maxtor had too many troubles with them.... sad day when seagate bought them.... I hope it doesn't degrade seagates quality as I haven't had much difficulties with them... anyway if it can come out and you are worried about a warranty take it out and try it in a computer... if it still doesn't come up then you may be sol.... you could try their software to test the drive.... if there is data there and you can't get it detected your only hope would probably be sending it in to a data recovery place like Ontrack...