Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not maintain Internet Connection for more then a couple minutes

• Please log in to reply

ajdedo

ajdedo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,

I was sent here from the "hijackthis" forum. http://www.geekstogo...is-t201218.html

I had a Malware problem that looks like it has been solved, However, I can no longer maintain my Internet connection for more then a couple minutes. I need to re-boot computer to get Internet again, and then it only last 2 or 3 minutes at best.

I know it's not my router/ISP because my Laptop stays connected all the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Advertisements

atul sunsunwal

atul sunsunwal

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
i did face a similar problem few months back. there is nothing wrong in the connection. Its gt something to do with windows files i guess.May be malware has made ur windows corrupt or something. Unfortunately i had no other option bt to format n reinstall the OS.
I am looking forward for some expert's comment/solution on this.

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hix ajdedo,

Try removing and reinstalling your Network adapters, clients, protocols, and services again. START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > NETWORK. Uninstall everything and reinstall.

I am presuming that the constant pattern of latency may be due to a corrupted TCP/IP protocol stack. ISP has been known to mess with system settings and, at times, interfere with subscribers using other ISP services. Hopefully, the reinstall will resolve the issue.

Regards,

mirso