Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slooooow Computer?!

• Please log in to reply

kikkoman_2390

kikkoman_2390

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello everyone!

I built my computer about 2 years back and never had any major problems with it until now. I just recently got the Vonage phone and it hooks up as a router of sorts. What my problem is, is that my computer has been running slow ever since i got the phone. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or what? I did virus scans with AVG and then Malware and Spyware scans with Malwarebytes and Ad-Aware. Nothing out of the ordinary. So, i just decided to reformat the whole badboy and update the XP to Vista. Worked fine for a barely a day...(maybe it was just hope)...but then again. It started to run slow. The internet seemed to be slower and programs to longer to load.

I let it be for a month or two cuz i got busy, but today i had some free time, so i ran malwarebytes and i got the blue screen of death! TWICE! so then i put it in safe mode and malwarebytes was able to find and remove, rootkit.agent. so then i booted normally, ran it once more...and at a certain point...it slapped me with another blue screen o' death!!

this sucks.

haha.

any suggestions? faulty hardware? another reformat?

i was planning on upgrading the thing anyways...but do you think it'll help?

here's the malwarebytes log from the safe mode scan.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.17
Database version: 868

1:04:37 PM 6/18/2008
mbam-log-6-18-2008 (13-04-37).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (A:\|C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|)
Objects scanned: 117538
Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 16 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\lvuvc.hs (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Edited by kikkoman_2390, 18 June 2008 - 04:56 PM.

Advertisements