Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burned dvds freeze on some dvd players

• Please log in to reply

ctdgcrsntf

ctdgcrsntf

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I have an HP dvd1040e External 20x Multiformat Dvd Writer that I just bought.
I burned a dvd-rw with it with ImgBurn and everything went well, it finished without any errors.
However, when I go to play the dvds back on my dvd players, I tried the 4 that we have, they always freeze up on the same parts on 3/4 of the dvd players.
They don't freeze up on my computer or on my Sansui VRDVD4001 player but they freeze up on the other 3: two Sylvania Dvc841G and one Emerson built into the tv. The dvd-rws are Maxwell 2x.

My question is why would the dvds freeze up in the exact same parts on some dvd players but play just fine on the other one and on the computer? Is there a way to fix this? I'm not sure what the problem is.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Some dvd players do not do well will dvdrw's.... Also you may try a different brand as some work better than others on a wider scale...

ctdgcrsntf

ctdgcrsntf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Ok, thanks. Also does dvd-r work better with dvd players? I would have used them in the first place but I wanted to make sure I didn't have to waste a dvd because of an error.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
yep... the only problem is you need to check the dvd player you are thinking of using some support dvd-r and some support dvd+r and some support both.

You could try videohelp.com a they have lists of compatibilities and such.

ctdgcrsntf

ctdgcrsntf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Thanks. :)