Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

res://shdoclc.dll/DNSERROR

• Please log in to reply

tlg555

tlg555

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My Dell laptop running windows xp home, fully updated with all current patches, IE7....

Computer worked fine. Last thing I did was install RealPlayer. Used the IE7 and RealPlay. Shut down.

Now, everytime I type in an address in IE7, I get an error back that the web page cannot be found and in the address bar, the first portion of the address always reads, "res://shdoclc.dll/DNSERROR.HTM#...."

I ran XoftSpySE to remove any spyware and no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hi tlg555,

Probably there is a trojan in your system and your JAVA is outdated. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. I recommend u follow the advice given and go to the malware forum. Someone there can help you remove this.

Regards,