Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IDE #0 ERROR

• Please log in to reply

xjunkiee

xjunkiee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hETY MY TOSHIBA satellite 2450 is facing an error IDE #0 ERROR as soon as i start my notebook so if any one can suggest me something
and aftyer that PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable (which cable it is talking about?)
pxe-mof: Exiting PXE ROM.
Insert system disk in drive. (which disk it is asking as this notebook is pretty old and i have lost system CD's)
Press any key when ready.

if some one can help.

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Try and take out the hard drive and push it back in.
I am looking for a picture to show you where it is.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The error message tells you that there is a problem with the HDD number 0 which in most laptop systems is the primary and only HDD.
Since the BIOS tells you about this problem, it comes before any software is loaded into the system and means that is not a software problem, but a hardware problem.

In other words - your HDD is defective and need to be replaced.

You could try to Borrow a HDD from a friend just to make sure. If you do not get the same error then it is the HD.

SRX660